Knowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens

Please Share This Page:

Knowledge-speaks
Background Image – A. Vente – Wikipedia – lic. under CC BY-SA 3.0 NL



“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.” – Jimi Hendrix

This quote is widely attributed to Jimi Hendrix, one of the most influential pop rock electric guitarist, but there is no actual evidence of it. However, there is proof that Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote a similar statement: “It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.”

Ancient Greek philosopher Socrates once wrote, “The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.” Knowledge is defined as the accumulation of facts while wisdom delves deeper and even doubting its accuracy. Wisdom investigates the important aspects of life, not just the superficial. While knowledge seeks to impart information, wisdom seeks to understand. In this sense, wisdom is more interested in listening than in speaking.

According to a study, people spend 70 to 80 percent of their waking hours in communication. 9% is spent on writing, 16% on reading, 30% on speaking, and 45% on listening. However, the study also confirmed that most people do not know how to listen well. Research shows that the average person listens at only about 25% efficiency.

An effective listener gets more information, gains other people’s trust, and knows how to handle conflicts better. Yet these people are rare because of the many distractions that hinder effective listening. Listening to an average speaker takes only 25% of brain capacity, leaving the 75% free to wander.

Despite the distractions, effective listening is still an acquirable skill, one that would set you above the rest. To quote Doug Larson: “Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you’d have preferred to talk.”




Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:

Lost Ways Of Survival Video

An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.

Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.

>> Click here to find out about them now

We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.

Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:

>>> Click Here To Watch His Short Video <<<






No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment