graphic © eminentlyquotable.com
7 Rules of Life
1) Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
2) What others think of you is none of your business.
3) Time heals almost everything, give it time.
4) Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them.
You have no idea what their journey is all about.
5) Stop thinking too much, it’s alright not to know the answers.
They will come to you when you least expect it.
6) No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
7) Smile. You don’t own all the problems in the world.
Make peace with your past. Forgetting the painful and traumatic experiences are impossible, but you have to put an end to your suffering. Do your best to move on so you don’t waste your life on endless self-inflicted pain.
What others think of you is none of your business. As long as you know what you’re doing and you’re not stepping on someone, you should do what is best for your soul. You’re more likely to regret pleasing other people than pleasing yourself.
Time heals almost everything. When we are in pain, we tend to do stupid things we’d later regret. Just remember that life isn’t perfect and we can’t control everything in our lives. Nothing in life is permanent, and the more we accept the things we cannot change, the easier it is to move on.
Don’t compare your life to others. It will either make you bitter or vain. Comparing your life to others also make you prone to be envious of what they have. Most of the time, we only see the surface and not what’s really going on with their lives. Learn to love yourself and recognize your own blessings.
Stop thinking too much. Overthinking leads to depression, according to studies. When the mind overthinks, it tends to focus on fear and negativity.
No one is in charge or your happiness, except you. Don’t make it other people’s responsibility. They too have their own lives.
Smile. It can light up everyone’s day, including yours.